Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Attack of the Babies

Well, people always ask me, "how was your weekend?" I never know if they want the long or short answer. The long answer for this weekend will take awhile.

On Friday Laura and I hung out with our friends, Julie, Rick, Lauren, and Sara. Lauren and Sara are 10 and 8. They are sooo funny, and it has been a real honor to be their firends and watch them grow.

Then on Saturday, Dom and I went to the Rochester Museum and Science Center and had some grown-up conversations about the ice age, mastodon extinction theories, et. al.

After that, I got to see some "old" friends from UR. I affectionately call them the fun bunch...Jen, Christina, Mo, and Erin. They lived with Laura and I in Tiernan during our freshman year in college, and we have been friends ever since. Anyway, I'm not sure why I'm writing all this, they are the ones reading this and they know this already. So anyway, I got to meet all the husbands and babies too! We played with the babies, and ate lots of food, and looked at old photo albums from college. Man have we got old.

Jay and his wife and baby came too. I know Jay indirectly through everyone else, it was good to see his family again. Dave, Chris, Dom, and I played some cards after the girls went out for a "girl's night." I was devastated I couldn't go (just kiddin' Mo...that was for you).

Sunday I did a little letterboxing with Laura, catching up on boxes we have been putting off. We also cleaned the house. Bored yet. Then we went out to dinner with Eric and Melissia to talk hockey and discuss the finer points of our Yahoo Fantasy Hockey league. So, that was the long weekend. Moral of the story....we have great friends, and we are really lucky they still want to hang out with us. Thanks guys!

Now for your viewing enjoyment....the babies...






2 comments:

TM said...

that's a lot of kids. makes me feel old just seeing it, and i don't know any of those people.

marylee said...

Wow...you feel old...that must make me really old. Cute photos.