Sunday, January 22, 2006

Weekend with Friends

Staying in touch with friends isn't always easy to do. We are self centered creatures for the most part, and its easy to get engulfed in our own day to day tasks. I am very grateful when I can see friends that I have not seen in a long time because we are separated by distance. A phone call, a letter, an email are wonderful, but it never beats a face to face reunion. Luckily I was able to have two great reunions this weekend with great college buddies. On Friday I got to see Fernando and Samantha for dinner at the Distillery and bowling. These two make you smile from ear to ear, their joy is contagious.

Then on Saturday night, Dom (left), Laura (middle), and I traveled down to Corning to have dinner with Ken (right). Of course the restaurant we picked out from the internet no longer existed when we got there, but we quickly regrouped and found a fine replacement. Ken had great stories for us from his time in Memphis. We couldn't help but wondered if anyone sold "glass" in Corning. What a great way to spend a weekend, catching up with the people who make us who we are.

No comments: