Monday, April 14, 2008

Carving Faces


This weekend, we got together with some local letterboxers to work on carving faces. Laura and I had a great time. We have been wanting to have some small gatherings with local boxers to work on these things, and to build some community in our letterboxing circle here. I printed out lots of faces of famous people, and we practiced transferring them with xylene, and then carving them. I tried to pick a variety of levels for people to carve, but most people were intimidated at first. But everyone gave it a shot, and I think the results were really great. Afterwards, we managed to get to the Abandoned Subway box, with the help of RocNRon who had been there before. Laura wouldn't let me go to do this one alone, so with a group of six of us, we did it! We also finished up planting a new series called Hoodoo Blues. Here's a link to a music site I set up to support the clue. You will find some good old blues tunes and videos there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

John,

Cool idea on the carvings.....

Would love to see some of them.

Dick